NYC duo Live City take us back to 1972 with their remake of Stevie Wonder’s funk anthem “Superstition.” Mr. Wonder’s hit receives a healthy serving of electro elements via Live City’s remix. Creativity at it’s finest courtesy of your favorite tequila drinking duo.
Premiered on Episode 007 of Swoltastic Radio this past Monday, Live City’s take on Mikey Wax’s “You Lift Me Up” hits the music shelves running. Catchy vocals from the Long Island native combined with a soothing, progressive melody transform the original into a perfect spring/early summer anthem. Head over to iTunes to grab your copy, along with the original and acoustic mixes!
After a lengthy hiatus, Swoltastic Radio is back! To make up for our absence, we have prepared a brolic mix for Swoltastic Radio #7, accompanied by an even more brolic guestmix by NYC duo Live City.
Ethan and Jake of Live City continue to build their DJ/producing resume by receiving support from prolific veterans, as well as signing to some of the top-tier record labels including Interscope, Ultra, and Big Beat. The duo’s most recent release, “Champagne Blast (feat. Big Nab)” dropped last week on Tommie Sunshine’s Brooklyn Fire imprint. A bouncy, electro piece with some catchy vocals makes it a prime party anthem.
In their two year tenure, Live City have developed their unique sound that jumps from genre to genre. Conformity does not exist in Live City’s vocabulary which explains why they have stayed true to their own sound and not ventured in to the “Big-Room/Beatport Top 10” trend that has taken over.
Live City kicks off their guestmix with aforementioned “Champagne Blast.” They follow up with a few more of their originals/mashups and close out the mix with a premiere of their next release – a remix of Mikey Wax’s “You Lift Me Up,” which should drop later this week.
Time to slug down your pre-workout and tune in to Swoltastic Radio!
01. TJR feat. Benji Madden – Come Back Down (Original Mix)
02. Jochen Miller – Cubic (Original Mix)
03. Daddy’s Groove & Congorock – Synthemilk (Extended Mix)
04. Deorro & ZooFunktion – Hype (Garmiani Remix)
05. Leventina – Paramount (Original Mix)
06. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike – Chattahoochee (The Tomorrowland Anthem) (DubVision Remix)
07. Laidback Luke & Project 46 feat. Collin McLoughlin – Collide (KarbonCopy Remix)
Live City Guestmix (@29:40):
08. Live City – Champagne Blast (Original Mix) (Ft. Big Nab)
09. Neon Trees – Sleeping With A Friend (Hyperbits Remix)
10. Artificial – Stuck In La Caleta (Original Mix)
11. Live City – Slingshot (Original Mix)
12. The Wanted & Dannic vs. Sick Individuals – Tonight We Hold That Sucker Down (Live City Bootleg)
13. TST & Twoloud vs. Gregor Salto vs. R3hab & Bassjackers – Drop It Like Those Azumba Hands (Live City Bootleg)
14. Damian William vs. Tritonal – Rock It Now Or Never (Live City Bootleg)
15. Mikey Wax – You Lift Me Up (Live City Remix) [BB Premiere]
Rising NYC duo Live City return from Melbourne with a bounce-infused original titled “Champagne Blast.” About a year in the works, “Champagne Blast” finally sees daylight after snagging party-ready vocals from fellow New Yorker Big Nab. Due out March 11th via Tommie Sunshine’s Brooklyn Fire label, the track releases as a part of the Allied Bounce series. Stream below and check back on release day!
Out now! Download via Beatport
If 21 free bootlegs were somehow not enough to hold you offer, New York duo Live City return with another freebie. Ethan and Jake hand out their super groovy take on Groove Armada & Brodanse’s “Sweat.” So put your Big-Room/Top 10 Beatport tracks aside for a bit and enjoy some refreshing, groovy vibes!
After recently surpassing 10k Facebook fans, Ethan and Jake of NY duo Live City hand out a whopping 21 free edits via their Winter Bootleg Pack. Stream all 21 awesome bootlegs below and be sure to get the download HERE!
01. R3hab & Lucky Date vs. SHM vs. Oliver – Rip Up The Control Behind (Live City Bootycake Breakfast Edit)
02. Henry Fong & Mak J Vs. Armin & W&W vs. Alvaro – Welcome To The D#Fat Encore (Live City’s Jumbo Pretzel Party Bootleg)
03. Merk & Kremont & Amersy vs. Calvin Harris – Flashback Charger (Live City Bootleg)
04. Sick Individuals vs. R3hab & Swanky Tunes vs. Alvaro – Make The Crowd Send My Pepper (Live City Bootleg)
05. Deniz Koyu vs. Calvin Harris vs. Tujamo – You Used To Ruby Who (Live City Bootie)
06. Showtek vs. Tommy Trash – We Like To Truffle Pig (Live City Bootleg)
07. Eric Prydz vs. Mightyfools – Go Everyday (Live City Bootleg)
08. Syn Cole vs. Sidney Samson – Make The Club Go Miami 82 (Live City Booty Crushing Edit)
09. Audien vs. Calvin Harris vs. Firebeatz – We’ll Be Coming Back To Elysium (Live City Bootleg)
10. Autoerotique vs. Chris Lake vs. Breach – Jack Up La Tromba (Live City Bootie)
11. Deadmau5 vs. A&B vs. Chris Lake vs. Merk & Kremont – Not Exactly A Thing Called Shh (Live City Bootleg)
12. Hardwell & W&W vs. Damien Anthony – Jumper Sneak Attack (Live City Bootleg)
13. Mat Zo vs. Firebeatz vs. Hot Mouth – Dive Into Your Wicked Pyramid (Live City Bootleg)
14. Joel Fletcher vs. Deorro – Throw Ya Hands Up In The Fuckin Yee (Live City Fuck Yo Couch Bootie)
15. The Wanted, Sick Individuals & Dannic – Tonight We Hold That Sucker Down (Live City Bootleg)
16. Merk & Kremont vs. Adrian Lux – Teenage Zunami (Live City Bootleg)
17. Hard Rock Sofa vs. Axwell vs. SHM vs. Eurythmics – Blow Up Dreams to Ibiza (Live City Bootleg)
18. Andrew Bayer vs. Danny Howard – England vs. Spire (Live City Rickedy Raw Bootleg)
19. Jewelz & Scott Sparks & Don Diablo & CID – Cargo vs. Prototype (Live City Rock The Body Edit)
20. Live City vs. Afrojack & Steve Aoki – No Beef Chakra (Live City Bootleg)
21. Showtek vs Cash Cash – Booyah (Live City PSP Bootie)
Live City leaves no prisoners on their brand new EP for Liftoff Recordings. “Bambada” features two devastating cuts that will leave listeners traumatized. The A-side is a swinging electro offering with a massive drop that gives way to a flurry of apocalyptic stabs and arpeggios. On the flip side, “Chakra” is a straight ahead electro barn-stormer featuring the clever use of some melodic marimbas and string arrangements. The symphonic breakdown surrenders itself to an epic drop and pulsating bassline that will make thiscut a difficult one to forget.
Download the EP on Beatport
I’ve been following the New York production duo Live City for quite some time now, back in the pre-blog days. Actually, one of my first few blog posts for BB included their original “Welcome To The Madhouse” that I still crank to this day. It flabbergasts me that these guys only have about 700 Facebook like; it should be more like 7,000.
Anyway, on with the goods. With a slew of new music coming out over the next month, they decided to give a freebie out with all the works. “Child’s Play” is an electro bomb full of grindy, chainsaw-like synths that’ll get anyone off their feet. Get on the FREE download ASAP and stay connected with them via Facebook and Twitter.
Just when you thought you’ve listened to every remix of NERVO & Hook N Sling’s “Reason,” brace yourself for just one more. The NYC duo and “professional party starters” that make up Live City decided to submit their remix to Talenthouse‘s remix contest. Their take on it tones the original down a notch by incorporating some nice, feel-good synth work. Take a minute of your time and vote for the remix here. Voting ends February 2nd 1PM EST.