Good news Brolic Beaters: Spring has sprung and Hydra has returned to the studio. Inspired by the Imperial March of the original Star Wars soundtrack, Hydra creates a homemade remake filled with a lot more bass and even some trap elements! “Vader” makes for a perfect pump up song for the gym or even your next pregame. The force is certainly strong with this one!
Brolic Beats is proud to bring you the first episode of the Swoltastic Radio series! A new episode will be posted every Monday, each featuring a guest mixer. All you have to do it grab the free download, hit play before your workout, and let the jams do their job. This week’s guestmix is mixed by Jersey DJ/Producer Hydra. Enjoy and Stay Swole!
Oh, and for those who are not familiar with the word “swole”…
00. Intro (Siri x Rocky Balboa x Jack Trammell)
01. Mighty Fools – Put Em Up (Original Mix) [Spinnin’] *Track of the Week*
02. Showtek – Booyah (Original Mix) [Spinnin’]
03. Danny Avila – Tronco (Original Mix) [Musical Freedom]
04. Hardrock Sofa & Swanky Tunes – Stop In My Mind (Original Mix) [Showland]
05. Martin Solveig & Laidback Luke – Blow (Original Mix) [Unreleased]
06. Quintino, MOTI, Taylr Renee – Dynamite (Original Mix) [Spinnin’]
07. Avicii – You Make Me (Landis Bootleg) *Demo of the Week*
01. FTampa – Kick It Hard
02. Krewella – We Are One
03. South Central – Star Wars (Angger Dimas Remix)
04. Firebeatz & Schella – Wicked
05. Fatboy Slim & Riva Star – Eat Sleep Rave Repeat (Calvin Harris Remix)
06. Blasterjaxx – Fifteen (Hardwell Edit)
07. Bad Boy Bill & Steve Smooth feat. Seann Bowe (DJ Bam Bam Remix)
08. Richard Vission vs. Luciana – Primitive (Mr. Fluff Remix)
09. Zedd ft. Foxes – Asura Clarity (Tom Swoon & Filtercrush Edit)
Jersey producer Hydra is back on his production grind days before he has to trade in FL Studio for books and academia. Kevin decided to take on Lana Del Rey’s “Young & Beautiful,” the hit single that was released on The Great Gatsby soundtrack. Remixing the track was certainly not an easy task as Lana’s poweful vocals would need to be preserved as much as possible. Not to mention the track has already noteworthy remixes by big names like Kaskade and Cedric Gervais. Business as usual, Hydra applies his signature big-room sounds along with some sweet “Pressure” synths. Enjoy the free download on this awesome summertime jam!
AVB & W&W’s mega hit D# Fat has seen mashups upon mashups upon more mashups! It goes to show the influence this track has had on other DJs in the EDM world. So, to make it easy for listeners and DJs to pick out the best ones for their collections/sets, I’ve compiled the best ones, categorized by what D# Fat is mashed with. I listened to about 50 total. To be chosen, it had to be more than just one transition or crossfade between the two songs and it had to be a fully mastered track (yes, there’s a lot of unmastered garbage out there, I know). Check out the list below!
As we enter the month of May, it is crucial for one to begin preparing their summer festivities. Bottom line is that your music library needs to be equipped with the best of the best to ensure you a great night or workout (beach body ready). Lucky for you, Brolic Beats has prepared a list of essential summer tunes that DJs have been nice enough to hand out for free. We made an effort to compile a multi-genre list to satisfy various tastes in EDM. The initial plan was to choose 10 tracks but since it was hard to narrow it down, we threw in a few bonus tracks. Anticipating more freebies in the weeks to come, this will be part of a series so be on the lookout for future volumes leading up to the summer days. Click past the break for the tracks!
Last month, we had the privilege to release Jersey producer Hydra’s “D# Alive” bootleg exclusively on Brolic Beats. Hydra returns this month with his “My Legs” remix by Canadian trio Dragonette. During our studio session last month, Hydra stated that he has been digging work from Showtek lately. This is clearly evident in the Showtek-eque feel he gives the original track. Hydra entered his remix into a remix contest via Beatport. Winner gets an official release on Dragonette’s label and a whole jubile of production essentials. Voting goes live April 23rd so be sure to mark your calendars.
For our first episode of Brolic Beats Studio Sessions, we made a trip out to Livingston, NJ to the studio of DJ/Producer Hydra. Kevin handled our rapid “Brolic” fire questionnaire quite well so we dug deeper into how the 21 year-old producer came to be where he is now. We also got his opinion on the current state of “EDM” and whether this rapid explosion is positive or not. Without hesitation, he stated “I’m loving it.”
During studio time, Hydra first walked us through his set up. His neighbors certainly don’t approve of his club speakers, but you can never have enough bass right? Hydra then took us through some elementary lessons in the foundation of a beat/track via his trusted FL Studio. Amongst the tracks that he took us through, Hydra gave us a sneak peak of his unreleased “Voltage” which screams electro madness. Plenty more is left in the tank for this youngblood so be sure to stay connected with him via Facebook, Twitter, and SoundCloud.
After a number of requests, Jersey DJ/producer Hydra releases his “D# Alive” bootleg as an exclusive on Brolic Beats. The bootleg, which came right off Hydra’s “Enjoy The Beats Vol. 4,” takes the vocals from Krewella’s hit “Alive” and incorportates them into Armin van Buuren and W&W’s “D# Fat” collaboration. The pitch-altered vocals add a nice touch to the the bass and tech-filled original. Listen below and be sure to give Hydra some Facebook love for the free download!
01. Hydra feat. Track Eaters – Enjoy The Beats Intro
02. Dzeko & Torres vs. Crossways – Togi (Original Mix)
03. Showtek – Slow Down (Original Mix) [Dim Mak]
04. Armin van Buuren & W&W vs. Krewella – D# Alive (Hydra Mashup)
05. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs. Michael Jackson – Wakanda Be Starting Something (Hydra Mashup)
06. Marina & The Diamonds – How To Be A Heartbreaker (Dada Life Remix)
07. Trinidad James – All Gold Everything (MAKJ Remix)
08. Hydra – ID
09. Nikki Williams – Glowing (Fedde le Grand Remix)
10. Zedds Dead & Omar Linx – Cowboy (Congorock Remix)
11. W&W – Lift Off (Original Mix)
12. Danny Avila – Breaking Your Fall (Lucky Date Remix)
Looks like Jersey producer Hydra is genre-jumping once again; this time giving us a taste of the rapidly-growing field of trap. Hydra goes back to 1998 and seeks out the classic “We Like To Party!” by Eurodance group Vengaboys. Some deep Dutch and 808’s later, Hydra finds himself the composer of a dancefloor banger. Enjoy the free download and be sure to check out more of Hydra’s music via his SoundCloud.